Choosing a muzzle device for your gun might seem simple, but considering how many muzzle devices are on the market, it can get complicated. If you’re interested in muzzle devices that both look good and perform to a higher standard than many others, take a look at the Blackout Defense Key-Mo compatible line. The line includes both a KeyMo Flash Hider and Hybrid Comp/Flash Hider design.
Blackout Defense provides the following details of these muzzle devices:
Both designs are made from 17-4 stainless steel and heat-treated in-house to condition H900, providing 14% higher ultimate tensile strength over hardened 4140 steel. Every 90-degree corner is meticulously machined with undercut profiles, improving suppressor seal and engagement. The close-pronged feature in both designs helps reduce flash and eliminates the tuning-fork “ping.”
The manufacturer goes on to say:
In addition, the KeyMo Hybrid features four jet ports drilled at 51 degrees to direct gas forward and away from the shooter. These jet ports are recessed with a flat face to reduce carbon buildup on the device and provide easier removal of the suppressor. This reduces muzzle rise, softens recoil, and reduces excessive flash typically found in muzzle brakes.
Because Blackout Defense is officially licensed, Dead Air will honor its lifetime suppressor warranty when using Blackout Defense KeyMo muzzle devices.
KeyMo is an attachment point specific to Dead Air Silencers. Thanks to the way this Blackout Defense muzzle device line was created, it’s designed to function not only as a muzzle brake but as an attachment point compatible with KeyMo suppressors. These devices are heat treated and have specially-shaped prongs made to fine-tune your shooting experience. They’re offered in either black or H900, the latter of which is a deep gold or bronze color.
To learn more about KeyMo, which is a Dead Air Silencers feature, check out this video:
Features of the Keymo muzzle devices include:
- In-house heat treated to condition H900 for a through-hardness of 45-47 HRC
- 17-4 stainless steel that is heat treated to condition H900 exhibits 14% higher ultimate tensile strength over hardened 4140 steel
- Every 90º corner is machined with undercut profiles to improve seal and engagement with the suppressor
- Four jet ports drilled at 51 degrees to direct gas forward and away from the shooter
- Two jet ports at 12 o’clock, one at 4 o’clock and one at 8 o’clock
- Recessed jet ports with a flat face to reduce carbon buildup on the device and improve ease of separation with a suppressor
- Forward-directed gas reduces muzzle rise, softens recoil, and pushes all explosive gasses away from the shooter
- Closed-prong design reduces flash and eliminates tuning-fork “ping”
- Material: 17-4 stainless steel
- Threads: 1/-28
- Bore Diameter: .272 inches
- Finish: H900 or Black Nitride
MSRP for the Blackout Defense KeyMo Hybrid muzzle devices is set at $129.99.