Handguns are purpose-driven tools. Choosing one is a matter of hand size, skill level, personal preferences, and intended use. Fortunately, there are enough handguns on the market to fulfill whatever you’re looking for. For those in the market for full-sized, incredibly durable handguns, there’s the Canik SFx Rival-S, an all-metal handgun that’s fantastic for a variety of uses. This gun is meant for everything from competition to range time to defensive use.
The SFx Rival-S is a steel-framed pistol, meaning it’s built to last and endure dedicated use. According to Canik this gun is the evolution of the multi-award-winning Canik SFx Rival and maintains the popular ergonomics of the platform but with an all-metal design. It has an overall empty weight of 2.67 pounds, making it solidly designed but not excessively bulky. It’s 8.09 inches long, has a five-inch barrel length, is 1.41 inches wide, and has a height of 5.75 inches. The SFx Rival-S is chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum. This pistol’s additional weight and aluminum 90° break flat trigger are meant to decrease recoil and improve split times and accuracy. The gun maker states this model is “Forged for Superiority!”
This is an optics-ready pistol, so if you prefer a red dot to iron sights, it’s a simple process to mount your choice of dot to the gun. Canik states it’s designed for 100% co-witness and has ambidextrous controls. Each gun ships with a carefully created two-tier water-resistant hard travel case and two 18-round magazines, a competition holster, five optics plates, three different grip sizes, an external magwell, two aluminum magazine base plates, a fiber optic front sight with multiple color choices, tool kit and punch, cleaning kit, and speed loader. Basically, this gun is ready for just about anything right out of the box. It’s available as either the Rival-S (Chrome) or the Rival-S Dark Side (Black).
Features of the Canik SFx Rival-S include:
- 9x19mm Parabellum chambering.
- 18 +1 capacity.
- 5.0-inch barrel length for reduced muzzle rise and improved overall accuracy.
- All-metal design mitigates felt recoil which, in turn, helps accuracy and rapid target acquisition.
- Wide, angled forward and rearward slide serrations for easier slide manipulation.
- Accessory rail in front of the trigger guard for weapon-mounted lights or lasers.
- Safety blade trigger for an added layer of user safety.
- The slide is ported to produce a flatter-shooting gun.
- Ambidextrous controls and forward indexing points make the gun more user-friendly.
- Optics-ready slide, making it easy to add a red dot sight to the gun.
- Textured grip to help the shooter maintain a firm hold on the gun during live fire even with wet or sweaty hands
- 90° aluminum flat-face trigger for greater trigger control.
- Extended competition magwell to facilitate faster, easier magazine changes.
MSRP for the Canik SFx Rival-S is set at $949.99 for the Chrome model and $899.99 for the Dark Side model.