When it comes to tactics, shedding some light on the subject can literally be a good idea. After all, target identification is vitally important, and you can’t ID what you can’t see. That means you need a quality weapon-mounted light. If you’re running long guns that means you need a light with specific features, and that’s something the team at Cloud Defensive understands. The REIN 3.0 Weaponlight is designed for defensive use and offers a bevy of features meant to make target ID easier. Read on to learn more.
According to Cloud Defensive, the REIN 3.0 is the most powerful light currently on the market and also the one offering the greatest possibilities for different configurations. This generation of the REIN weapon light has an improved electrical system for even better performance and is produced in a relatively compact package. Based on the light’s specifications, the REIN 3.0 is designed to deliver every bit of light possible both in a focused beam and with the halo at the edges.
The REIN 3.0 has a USA-made, state-of-the-art electrical system. Its design makes it possible for the light to produce its impressive output, efficiency, and run time. It’s powered by a single 18650 battery, which makes it easy to recharge. This light also works with Dual Fuel CR123 batteries, but according to the manufacturer, the use of those batteries does degrade the overall performance. The REIN 3.0 ships with an 18650 and additional batteries are available as aftermarket items. Cloud Defensive states run-time standard per ANSI/PLATO-FL1 is 95 minutes for the full-size REIN 3.0.
REIN 3.0 Features
- Peak beam intensity of 100,000 candelas for the best-possible target identification.
- 1250 lumens output.
- 95 minutes run-time when using an 186350 battery, which is easily rechargeable.
- Designed for dual fuel capability. The REIN 3.0 runs on 18650 and can also be operated using two CR123 batteries. Be aware general output will be reduced by using CR123 batteries.
- 1.3-inch bezel diameter which is smaller than the original REIN and reduces the risk of snagging or bumping into objects.
- 6.17 inches in length, making it a very compact full-size light that doesn’t add unnecessary bulk to your rifle.
- Reduced mounting lug height to allow tighter mounting.
- Weighs 6.91 ounces with the battery and remote switch, making it incredibly lightweight for its capabilities.
The REIN 3.0 has a modular three-piece design. The manufacturer states it has a superior electrical system and is upgradeable just as subsequent generations have been. That means all parts from the 1st generation REIN weapon light are compatible with the 2nd and 3rd generation REIN. This light has an IPX-8 waterproof rating and is listed as being fully submersible to 100 feet for 24 hours. A fully-potted remote switch is included so it can be operated without excessively adjusting your grip on the gun.
MSRP for the Cloud Defensive REIN 3.0 is set at $399.99.