One of the fantastic features of the AR platform is the many options for customization. Among the companies offering high-quality components for aftermarket use is CMC Triggers, a Forth Worth, Texas-based manufacturer. The company’s latest addition to their line of drop-in triggers is the Goldfinger, which is designed for AR-15 and AR-10 platform rifles.
The CMC Triggers Goldfinger is a single-stage trigger, meaning it requires one smooth pull of the trigger to release the hammer and fire the gun. It’s designed as a drop-in cassette, so the entire unit is self-contained, making installation extremely simple.
This particular design features a flat bow so the shooter can rest their finger easily on the trigger shoe for a consistent pull which, in turn, increases accuracy and precision. The trigger pull weight is set at the factory for 3.5 pounds and is not user adjustable. It takes small pins, which covers most AR-style rifles and pistols with the exceptions of Colts, although for Colts manufactured prior to 1991 or after 2009 small pins will work.
From CMC Triggers regarding the new Goldfinger AR-15/AR-10 trigger:
“CMC Triggers is the original manufacturer of the Drop-in Trigger Group for the AR-15 and AR-10 rifle since 2003. CMC’s critical sear engagement surfaces have a proprietary machining process that renders superior surface finish and dimensional control. As compared to their competition, the techniques used to establish a 1-2 RMS surface finish as opposed to EDMing which leaves a pitty 32 RMS, compared to a mirror which is 0 RMS.”
They went on to say, “CMC’s innovative, self-contained and easy-to-install AR-15 trigger groups, have been completely re-tooled to maximize production capacities, incorporate new design enhancements and reduce cost. CMC’s AR-15 trigger groups have always yielded exceptional trigger pull dynamics for our tens of thousands of satisfied customers.”
Features of the Goldfinger include:
- Single Stage Trigger.
- Factory pull weight of 3.5 lbs.
- Available pin set: small.
- Ultra-crisp trigger with, according to the manufacturer, no creep ahead of the hammer release.
- Glass-smooth break with no grit, according to CMC Triggers.
- Designed for minimal lock time using a carefully controlled hammer weight and balance which is activated by a rocket wire hammer spring. This ensures repeatable, consistent function whether the shooter is utilizing factory or military grade ammunition.
- Trigger pull is set at the factory and is not adjustable.
- Positive trigger reset for rapid, accurate follow-up shots.
- Hand assembled and hand tested by members of the CMC team.
- Self-contained, one-piece drop-in assembly.
- Ships with CMC Triggers Anti-Walk Pin Set.
- Fits both AR-15 and AR-10 style rifles.
- Machined from 8620 Alloy Steel and S7 Tool Steel with tolerances of +/– .001″.
- Incredibly easy installation.
The Goldfinger has an MSRP of $235.00 and is immediately available.