CRKT recently released the Clever Girl Kukri fixed blade. There’s a story behind this from its designer Austin McGlaun. This is the third variation in the Clever Girl line.
More about the Kukri
During his time stationed at Fort Polk while serving in the military, knifemaker Austin McGlaun was inspired to find new ways to tackle laborious camp chores. And so the Clever Girl Kukri was realized. A fixed blade design that honors the iconic kukri knife, this reimagined version still brandishes a mighty swing despite being more compact than its predecessor. As a member of the CRKT Forged by War program, the Kukri is tough enough to stand the test of the battlefield—and whatever else Mother Nature might throw your way.
With years of military service under his belt, knife designer Austin McGlaun knows exactly what kind of tools help you stay on top. Applying his broad experience of combat, Austin is recognized for his contributions to the CRKT Forged by War program, where his designs span defense, to everyday purpose. The Kukri carries the torch as the third knife in the Clever Girl series and pays homage to the time-honored kukri blade. In addition to its famed military use, the traditional Kukri was once hailed as the go-to for chopping firewood, digging, cutting through tough meat, and conquering farm chores.
Mirroring the original’s versatility, the reimagined Kukri performs dutifully. Equipped with a fixed, high-performance 7.75” SK-5 carbon steel blade and sturdy G10 handle, its design paves the way for a sturdy strike. Featuring a wider upper chest and sharp inward curve towards the blade’s belly, the Kukri is a hard hitting tool that dominates the great outdoors.
When not being used for chopping wood, digging into the earth, or setting up your camp, the Kukri can be transported with ease. Designed with a belt loop on its sheath and also featuring a lanyard hole for a drop leg carry, however you choose to pack it, it’s always ready for transport.
- High-Performance Steel: SK5 carbon steel holds an edge well
- Powerful Cutting: Kukri blade style provides powerful cutting
- Strong and Useful: full tang provides strength
- Enhanced Protection: black coating improves corrosion resistance
- Exceptional Grip: G10 handle provides grip in all conditions
- Convenient Carry: Belt clip and lanyard for hip carry and easy access
- Blade Length 7.75″ (196.85 mm)
- Blade Edge Plain
- Blade Steel SK-5
- Blade Finish Powder Coat
- Blade Thickness 0.19″ (4.78 mm)
- Overall Length 13.25″ (336.55 mm)
- Weight 14.20 oz. (402.56 g)
- Handle G10
- Style Fixed Blade Knife w/Sheath
- Sheath Material Glass reinforced nylon
- Sheath Weight 5.60 oz. (158.76g)
The Kukri is available now for $135.00.
More about fixed blades.