Initially designed for elite HRT units, the Griffin Armament HRT 556 suppressor is the shortest addition to the DUAL-LOK family of suppressors. To this point, the model has not been available to the general public. Griffin utilizes the DUAL-LOK active retention system with this suppressor, an often time demanded feature by government customers. This combined with generations of R&D brought a compact, highly durable, low flash, and top-performing suppressor to market for government customers. Griffin is now releasing it to the commercial market.
The HRT 556 features the patent-pending DUAL-LOK mounting system, an accurate, robust, reliable, and wear-free system with robust muzzle device support. The suppressor was designed to have a minimal flash signature, despite its size, weight, minimal POI shift, gas blowback, maximum strength, durability, and sound performance. This was a tough list of performance attributes to tackle, but Griffin succeeded by bringing unbeatable sound suppression and flash reduction to this compact suppressor.
Baffle technology is carried over and tuned from the 4th generation Recce Suppressors, borrowing the ECO-FLOW patented feature that greatly increases performance. ECO-FLOW baffles reduce back-pressure, increasing flow, thus making the suppressor host firearm operating system more reliable and unaffected by the suppressor and providing cleaner breathing air to the operator’s face. The patented low profile flash suppressing end cap further adds performance to the low flash baffle system.
Austin, Lead Design Engineer at Griffin Armament, said, “I spent several months very focused on this project with our production managers and technicians making small changes to the baffle system, cutting the prototype parts, welding prototypes, then testing through our B&K pulse system, and repeating this cycle over and over and over. I wanted the absolute best sound and flash performance in the smallest size possible. Our team achieved it. I have never made so many prototypes for one series in the last 17 years as I did with the DUAL-LOK cans. Bringing together sound and flash performance, while retaining accuracy and durability in a package this small; we haven’t done it before. This little can has some of the best flash performance of any in our line, regardless of its size. I’m really proud of what our team did here.”
DUAL-LOK suppressors are machined in Griffin’s Watertown Wisconsin facility by freedom-loving Americans. The Dual-Lok HRT 556 suppressor has an MSRP of $995.
- Wear-free mounting system, requires no consumable parts
- Taper lock interface ensures security and accuracy
- ACME thread provides speed of attachment
- Locking ring incorporates 3 anti-rotation teeth to eliminate inadvertent loosening
- 120 effective positions ensure a rock-solid suppressor mount and provide extremely low POI shift
- 17-4 stainless steel & 718 Inconel materials
- Traditional Tube Design with internal flash hiding characteristics
- Patent pending ECO-FLOW baffle system for reduced blowback
- Patented flash reducing end cap
- ¾” wrench flats on muzzle devices
- Collar Nitrided black for increased surface hardness, corrosion, and wear resistance
- Heat treated and Cerakoted Black and FDE in a heat resistant finish
- Warrantied for life with Griffin’s Perpetual Lifetime Warranty
DUAL-LOK 5 Specs
- Dimensions: 1.5”x 5.9”
- Weight: 14.4oz
- Material: High strength, high temp, corrosion resistant 17-4PH Stainless Steel & 718 Inconel
- Sound pressure Level: 134.01db – 16”, 135.6db – 11.5” (5.56mm Griffin MK1 rifles)