FN 15 DMR3 Rifle – The Mag Life
If there’s a manufacturer whose name is synonymous with quality and strict adherence to specific tolerances, it’s FN. Now, in keeping with their dedication to producing sought-after guns, the renowned gun maker announced the launch of a trio of new rifles under the FN 15 DMR3 name. The rifles are offered in a variety of finishes and made to be as versatile as possible.
FN released the following information regarding the FN 15 DMR3 rifles:
At the heart of the DMR3 is the FN hammer forged, 18-inch, 1:8 twist, chrome lined barrel. The barrel has FN’s Hybrid profile that provides the stiffness and heat absorption needed for accurate, high volume shooting. Long barrel life is achieved by hammer forging from FN’s proprietary “machine gun barrel” steel and chrome lining.
The rifle also features a fully free-floated Hodge Defense-designed wedge lock handguard, a low-profile gas block that is pinned to the barrel, HP/MPI-tested and certified bolt and M16-style bolt carrier group for complete reliability and performance. Available in matte black anodize, factory Cerakote flat dark earth (FDE) or tungsten gray with FN’s signature grip, butt stock and magazine.
There are three rifles in the FN 15 DMR3 rifle line, all of which are chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO. The guns are designed for enhanced accuracy, portability, and user-friendliness. Thanks to their telescoping stocks the rifles are adjustable for length of pull and all guns ship from the factory with Geissele 2-stage GS2 triggers. These rifles were made for precision work and versatility and according to the manufacturer will deliver as promised.
- Manufacturer: FN America
- Model: DMR3
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm
- Operation: Direct impingement
- Magazine capacity: 30 Rounds
- Weight: 7 pounds, 4 ounces, empty
- Barrel length: 18 inches
- Overall length: 35.2 inches – 38.5 inches
- Twist rate: 1:8 RH
- 18-inch Hybrid profile barrel, chrome-lined with 1:8 twist, made from FN’s proprietary “machine gun barrel” steel
- Geissele G2S 2-stage precision trigger
- SureFire ProComp muzzle device
- Rifle-length gas system with H buffer and pinned gas block
- M16-style bolt carrier group made from 8620 steel
- HPT/MPI-tested and certified bolt made from Carpenter 158 Steel
- Gas keys properly sealed, torqued, and staked according to MIL-SPEC
- Fully free-floated 18-inch Hybrid profile barrel with 1:8 twist, Chrome-lined for longevity
- FN Proprietary CMV barrel steel
- High Pressure tested, MPI after proof firing
- SureFire ProComp muzzle brake
- 2-stage Geissele GS2 trigger, total trigger pull range 4.25 – 4.75 lbs (Stage 1, 2.75-3 lbs; Stage 2, 1.5-1.75 lbs)
- 30-round FN polymer magazine
- 14.6 inch free float handguard, Hodge Defense wedge-lock for rigidity
- Custom FN 6-position, snag-free buttstock with rubber butt pad and integrated QD attachment point
MSRP for the FN 15 DMR3 rifles is not known at this time.