Haley Strategic Partners recently announced the release of their Thorax plate carrier. They will be available for shipping in January 2022.
About the Thorax Plate Carrier
For over a decade Haley Strategic Partners has been providing world class training in the fundamentals and advanced applications of weapons and tactics with our D5, D3, and D7 courses. Inside of this ten year period we have also produced globally recognized products such as the Disruptive Environments Chest Rigs and FLATPACK line. Our training and products are a direct reflection of what drives us as an organization and what our vision of the future looks like. THORAX is the culmination of these 10 years of operational experience, training, product development, and most importantly being a “Thinker Before Shooter”. It represents our vision of the future and the most adaptive plate carrier system available today.
THORAX has been through many revisions in it’s life. Beginning as a modular plate bag for chest rigs to evolving into a fully fledged plate carrier system. Just like the Dragonfly of our logo, THORAX is designed to be adaptable for any mission requirements. We understand the importance of adaptability from an operational view. The force multiplier and lethality it brings is why we designed our plate carrier to have such features. THORAX seamlessly interfaces with our existing products and those currently in development. It’s construction incorporates advanced materials to maintain the highest level of mobility and protection for the user with minimal weight and profile. In essence THORAX is a reflection of our vision and the answer to the most important three letter word. Why?
Front Bag Details
- Buckle covers to protect hardware, reduce snag hazards and prevent accidental unlatching.
- Compatible with all HSP chest rigs and placards.
- Push-to-talk (PTT) anchor points.
- Integrates with FlatpackV2 or FlatPack+ via the FlatPack Piggyback Straps for quick, independent access.
- An expanding gusset to accommodate SAPI plates and/or soft armor ranging from .75” to 1.125” thickness.
- Padded Airborne, Maritime and Pursuit (A.M.P.) chin protector and Thorax thermoform pad for additional comfort and air venting.
MOLLE segment integrates with both Kagwerks and Juggernaut EUD mounting platforms.The plate flap and closure ensures retention of the armor plates during airborne operations.
Rear Bag Details
- Compatible with the FlatPackV2, FlatPack+ or other MOLLE options.
- The back of the plate carrier can be used for communications antennas, cables, etc.
- Cable routing channels enclose power and comm cables reducing snag hazards.
- The same plate flap and closure as the front bag ensures secure retention of armor plates.
- Thermoform back pad for additional comfort and air venting.
- Expanding gusset to accommodate plates ranging from .75” to 1.125” thickness.
- The low profile Thorax adjustment hardware reduces snag hazards and retains fit.
There are six different color choices and the MSRP is as low as $369.00.