Heavy Ammo for Heavy Game
Hunters understand the need for hard-hitting ammunition capable of delivering an ethical, one-shot kill. The team at Browning Ammunition understands it as well, which is why they design and manufacture loads like their Silver Series line of ammunition. The ammo maker states the line is meant as a heavy round for heavy game and is producing it in a variety of calibers. After all, if you want to have a successful hunt, you have to use the right ammunition.
Browning provides details of the ammunition:
Silver Series ammunition celebrates Browning’s timeless traditions of big-game hunting with a modern version of the classic soft point bullet. Heavy-for-caliber projectiles with precision-plated bullet jackets deliver hard-hitting energy capable of taking on the toughest game in North America.
While this new offering utilizes proven, traditional bullet technology, this isn’t your grandpa’s cartridge. Browning Ammunition has taken extra steps to modernize the soft point bullet with nickel plating for maximum corrosion resistance and smooth feeding while also selecting heavy projectiles that will hit game hard and provide optimal penetration.
The ammunition is offered in:
- 243 Winchester 100 grain Plated Soft Point
- 270 Winchester 150 grain Plated Soft Point
- 300 Winchester Magnum 180 grain Plated Soft Point
- 30-06 Springfield 180 grain Plated Soft Point
- 30-30 Winchester 170 grain Plated Soft Point
- 308 Winchester 180 grain Plated Soft Point
- 350 Legend 180 grain Plated Soft Point
- 6.5 Creedmoor 129 grain Pointed Soft Point
- 6.8 Western 170 grain Plated Soft Point
The ballistics of the various calibers are solid, per the ammo maker. For example, the 300 Win Mag load has the following ballistics:
If you’re interested in a round a bit smaller than 300 Win Mag, check out the ballistics of Browning Ammunition Silver Series 6.5 Creedmoor 129 grain Plated Soft Point:
Features of the Silver Series ammo include:
- Designed for moderate to large game
- Heavy for the caliber projectiles
- Plated Soft Point or Pointed Soft Point bullets
- Nickel plated bullets
- Created for optimal penetration
- Reliable performance
Whether you prefer a heavier round like the 300 Winchester Magnum or something sleek such as 6.5 Creedmoor, there’s something for you in the Silver Series. This ammunition is designed to drop medium to big game quickly and cleanly. That means everything from feral hogs to whitetail deer to elk are possible. You provide the shot placement, Silver Series does the rest.
What’s your target game animal this season? Tell us about your hunting experiences in the comments section.