The launch of the Springfield Armory Hellcat in 2019 was a major success for the renowned gun maker, a success they have continued with numerous models. This is one such later version: the Hellcat Pro. This particular addition to the line, SA says, is intended to deliver the performance of a larger handgun with exceptional concealability.
It’s designed, they tell us, to be a quality, hard-use, everyday carry pistol for dedicated concealed carriers and others interested in personal defense.
According to Springfield, the Hellcat Pro gives shooters perfect balance and performance in a compact pistol package. The gun has a 15 +1 capacity but delivers a smaller footprint than most other guns in its category.
Despite its compact size and larger capacity, it remains ergonomically correct and comfortable to shoot with a slim profile similar to that of the original Hellcat. If you are in the market for a highly concealable pistol from a respected manufacturer, this might be the one for you.
Steve Kramer, Springfield Armory’s Vice President of Marketing, had the following to say about the company’s newest pistol: “The Hellcat Pro delivers full-size performance in a concealable, EDC-ready package with unmatched ergonomics. This is a pistol that shoots like a much larger handgun while still being extremely easy to conceal, offering you the best of both worlds.”
In recent years, red dot sights have evolved from optics only used by competition shooters and hunters to being regularly mounted to everyday carry guns. The Springfield Hellcat Pro was developed with red dot users in mind, and the gun was made with an OSP (Optical Sight Pistol) configuration. The slide ships from the factory milled with the Springfield Micro footprint so it’s possible to directly mount a variety of popular micro red dot sights with the lowest profile possible. And if you want to back up your choice of red dot, the Hellcat Pro also comes from the factory with is a set of co-witnessing U-Dot sights. Factory sights are high visibility tritium and luminescent front sight paired with a Tactical Rack rear sight. After all, you never know when you might need to rack your gun on your belt or against some other object. Tactics matter, and so does having a gun capable of functioning as needed when it’s most vital.
- Milled slide that fits the Springfield Micro footprint. OSP configuration designed to be compatibly with most popular micro red dots currently on the market.
- 3.7 inch hammer forged barrel
- Gun ships with two flush-fit 15-round magazines for greater capacity.
- Manufacturer: Springfield Armory
- Model: Hellcat Pro
- Caliber: 9x19mm
- Capacity: (2) 15 round magazines
- Color: Black
- Barrel Length: 3.7 inches
- Barrel Material: Hammer forged steel
- Barrel Finish: Melonite
- Twist Rate: 1 in 10
- Slide Material: Billet Machined
- Slide Finish: Melonite
- Frame: Black Polymer
- Grip: Adaptive Grip Texture
- Sights: Tritium/Luminescent front sight and Tactical Rack/U-Notch rear sight
- Recoil System: Dual Captive Recoil Spring with Full Length Guide Rod
- Grip Width: 1.0 inches
- Weight: 21 ounces, empty
- Overall Length: 6.6 inches
- Height: 4.8 inches
- Miscellaneous: Optics ready
- MSRP: $634