For precision shooters, finding consistent, good-quality factory ammunition can be a challenge. Hornady 7mm PRC 180 grain ELD Match is specifically designed for excellent performance and consistent results. This load is produced using the ammo maker’s popular ELD Match bullets that have a polymer tip and stringent expectations for quality.
Hornady provides details of the round:
We carefully select every component to ensure uniformity, then load to exacting specifications to provide pinpoint accuracy. Each cartridge is loaded with either Hornady A-MAX bullets, our high-performance boattail hollow points, or the new, radically superior ELD Match bullets. Stringent quality control ensures proper bullet seating, consistent charges and pressures, optimal velocity, consistent overall length and repeatable accuracy.
7mm PRC ELD Match Features
- The Heat Shield tip on the ELD Match bullet creates the perfect meplat and outperforms BTHP bullets.
- Hornady Match rifle ammunition is loaded with the most accurate, consistent match bullets in the world, featuring our AM bullet jackets.
- Cases are carefully selected based on strict criteria: wall thickness uniformity, internal capacity, case weight, and consistent wall concentricity.
- Powder is matched carefully to each specific load for optimal pressure, velocity, and consistent accuracy.
- With extremely tight tolerances and strict quality control, all Hornady Match ammunition features superior lot-to-lot consistency. From the bullet seating to the optimal charges and velocities, Hornady Match ammunition is designed to live up to company founder, J.W. Hornady’s original goal: “Ten bullets through one hole.”
This ammunition is made using the company’s popular, proven ELD Match bullets. These are fantastic for precision rifle shooters or anyone looking for consistent groups using factory loads. According to Hornady, features of the ELD Match bullet used include:
ELD Match (Extremely Low Drag Match) bullets are technologically advanced, enhanced accuracy target bullets featuring Heat Shield tips with the PERFECT MEPLAT (tip point) combined with numerous design features that deliver the highest-in-class ballistic coefficients, superior accuracy and extreme consistency from bullet to bullet, lot to lot.
Superior accuracy and industry leading ballistic design has been achieved with the ELD Match bullet. An optimum secant ogive and boattail design along with the Heat Shield tip produce a bullet with the highest possible ballistic coefficient in its class.
- Cartridge: 7mm PRC
- Bullet: 180-grain ELD Match
- Product: Match
- Sectional density: .319
- Ballistic coefficient: .796 (GI); .401 (G7)
- Minimum recommended twist rate: 1 in 8
- Application: Target or match shooting
- MSRP for Hornady 7mm PRC 180 grain ELD Match is unknown at this time.
What do you think? Will you consider switching your precision game to 7mm PRC? Tell us why or why not in the comments section.