Hornady 7mm PRC Outfitter: Adventure Awaits
Whether you’re an outfitter or a dedicated hunter, you know anything goes in the great outdoors. That’s why many of us carry purpose-driven firearms and ammunition, and that’s why Hornady produces 7mm PRC Outfitter. This load is ideal for use in the backcountry for many reasons including its resistance to moisture and high-visibility nickel-plated cases. It’s a great choice for everything from chasing muleys to dropping elk.
From the backcountry to the back-forty, trust your hunt to Outfitter ammunition. Featuring corrosion resistant nickel-plated cases that are sealed watertight and topped with the accurate and rugged CX bullet, Outfitter ammunition is designed to perform under the toughest conditions.
- Proven CX Bullets
- Copper alloy eXpanding) CX bullet provides uniform, controlled expansion, deep penetration, and +95% weight retention.
- Sealed primer and case mouth for watertight protection
- Waterproofed cases
- Nickel-plated cases are corrosion-resistant and waterproofed to ensure protection from moisture.
- Versatile performance
- California compatible and appropriate for other areas requiring nontraditional bullets.
When you’re hunting, weather happens. Life happens. It’s important to have your gun loaded with ammunition capable of withstanding the rain and snow, and it’s nice if it’s nickel-plated so it’s easier to spot if it hits the dirt (among other things). A modern magnum like 7mm PRC is also excellent because it delivers ethical, one-shot kills, so long as you provide shot placement. It’s important to be a responsible hunter, and using the correct ammo for the job is one way to do that.
According to the ammo maker, “The CX (Copper alloy eXpanding) bullet from Hornady represents the most advanced monolithic hunting bullet on the market. Its optimized design offers extended-range performance, greater accuracy, high weight retention, and deep penetration.
Features of the CX include
- Monolithic copper alloy bullet
- One-piece copper alloy won’t separate and delivers devastating terminal performance, deep penetration, and 95% weight retention.
- The Heat Shield Tip is made of a heat-resistant polymer that resists aerodynamic heating and provides a consistently high BC for the bullet’s entire flight path. The Heat Shield tip also gives the bullet a perfect meplat (tip) for bullet-to-bullet and lot-to-lot consistency.
- Optimum groove geometry
- The grooves on the CX bullet maximize aerodynamic performance while effectively reducing bearing surface and fouling.
- Non-traditional option for large game
- Fully California-compatible and appropriate for use in other areas that require nontraditional bullets, CX provides a great option for everything from medium-size to large game.
Hornady 7mm PRC Outfitter Specifications
- Cartridge: 7mm PRC
- Bullet: 160 grain CX
- Product: Outfitter
- Sectional density: .283
- Ballistic coefficient: .596 (G1)
- Minimum recommended twist rate: 1 in 8
- Application: medium game (50 to 300 pounds) or large game (300 to 1500 pounds)
MSRP for the Hornady Outfitter 7mm PRC 160 grain CX is not known at this time.—