Precision shooting requires solidly-built chassis, and sometimes shooters choose to up their games by putting a new chassis on their rifle of choice. MDT is known for producing high-quality chassis for a wide variety of rifles, and their MDT TIMBR Frontier for the Tikka T3x SA is a fantastic example of their dedication to well-made parts. Whether you’re into precision shooting or just want to gain an edge on your Tikka, it’s well worth taking a closer look at the MDT TIMBR Frontier.
According to MDT, the TIMBR Frontier Stock is designed to provide shooters with an aesthetically pleasing, yet highly functional, fusion of warm wood and solid aluminum. It’s made specifically for the Tikka T3x SA platform. At the core of the chassis is a full aluminum micro-chassis made to deliver an ideal, rigid platform. The chassis has a number of features included for superior functionality such as an adjustable buttstock to facilitate solid points of contact and an M-LOK rail forend to enable the shooter to add aftermarket accessories.
The TIMBR Frontier Chassis from MDT is meant for dedicated shooters looking for the fit and feel of a traditional rifle stock with warm wood aesthetics and the bonus of a modern precision rifle chassis system. Each chassis is constructed by the manufacturer from CNC machined 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum that is mounted in hardwood laminate.
Rails and hardware are made using carefully fitted aluminum. MDT utilizes precision aluminum V-block bedding for superior fit and to maximize the accuracy of the rifle’s action. Fit is further enhanced by MDT’s replaceable over-molded and textured grip system. For even greater versatility and customization, both an angled and a vertical grip are included with every system.
Features of the MDT TIMBR Frontier Chassis include:
- Laminate stock for durability and resistance to wear and tear.
- M-LOK forend for easy mounting of aftermarket accessories such as lights and bipods.
- Rubber over-molded grip for a more comfortable feel during live fire.
- Tool-free buttpad and cheek riser adjustments so fit can be quickly and easily changed to better fit the shooter.
- Foam-covered cheek piece for comfort and a firm cheek weld.
- AICS magazine compatible, making it simple to add more mags to your collection.
- Ambidextrous magazine latch for ease of operation whether you’re right or left-handed.
- Aluminum V-block micro chassis for stability, longevity, and improved function.
- Free-floated barrel for greater accuracy due to lessened interference with barrel harmonics.
The chassis is offered in a Birch hardwood laminate with either charcoal or Green Mountain Camo coloring. It has an overall weight of four pounds, meaning it won’t add unnecessary bulk to your setup, and it’s designed to withstand serious use. According to the manufacturer, switching your Tikka T3x SA to this chassis system is simple and doesn’t require the assistance of a gunsmith.
MSRP for the MDT TIMBR Frontier Chassis is set at $899.95.