The right chassis on your rifle can make the difference between superior precision and less-than-stellar results. After all, a well-made chassis provides comfort, a user-friendly platform, and stability. MDT understands the importance of your rifle’s chassis, and that’s why they offer their XRS Chassis for the CZ 455. The chassis gives CZ rimfire shooters a solid, high-quality foundation designed to improve results while delivering an ergonomically correct, comfortable system.
According to the manufacturer, the XRS Chassis is meant for serious shooters looking for the fit and feel of a traditional rifle stock, only with the benefits of a modern precision rifle chassis system. As a hybrid system, the XRS gives them that. This system is constructed from a full-length CNC machined core of 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum for fantastic durability and resistance to wear.
In addition, the chassis has high-strength textured polymer panels that offer additional protection from the elements. The V-block bedding system is made from aluminum and created to ensure excellent fit and function in a way that maximizes the accuracy of the rifle’s action. The XRS also features a replaceable over-molded and textured grip system, for comfort and performance purposes. Both an angled grip and a vertical grip are included in the box so the shooter can choose what they prefer.
Features of the chassis system include:
- M-LOK compatible forend, which makes mounting aftermarket accessories to the gun easier.
- Height-adjustable cheek rest to customize the stock’s fit for a better cheek weld during live fire.
- Interchangeable vertical and angled grip panels are included to fit the shape of the grip to the shooter’s hand.
- Integrated barricade stop to create a more stable platform during precision shooting.
- The buttstock and forend have sling swivel studs mounted to them, making adding a sling simple.
- AICS magazine compatible
- Ambidextrous magazine lever to facilitate operation with either hand.
- Spacers are included to adjust the length of pull according to the shooter’s needs.
- QD sling mount located on either side of the buttstock for greater sling attachment point options.
- Available in either black or flat dark earth.
MDT designed this chassis system to be compatible with the CZ 455. It provides a stable, well-made foundation to improve accuracy. You bring the shooting skills, the chassis will help with the rest. The XRS itself weighs in at 3 pounds, 9 ounces, and has a length of pull between 13.25 inches and 15 inches depending on the use of spacers. With a forend length of 12 inches, that puts the overall length of the chassis between 25.25 inches and 27 inches. From its CNC machining to its V-block bedding system, this chassis is built for precision performance.
What do you think of the XRS? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section.
MSRP for the MDT XRS Chassis System for the CZ 455 is set at $549.95.