Rifle Dynamics and Thunder Ranch did it again. Their first baby, the Thunder Ranch AK, has a sibling to join its line of products, the limited edition Thunder Ranch RD700 AK Pistol in an exclusive Tigerstripe finish.
The Rifle Dynamics Thunder Ranch RD700 AK pistol features a custom front-end with the RD Tunable Combination Front Sight and Gas Block. Additionally, it is threaded ½-28, has a custom RD spec SLR Rifleworks handguard, and Forward Controls 6315KM Flash hider. If the KeyMo flash hider isn’t your thing, there are options to build out the rifle with a HUXWRX QD flash hider, Dead Air KeyMo flash hider or muzzle brake, or a SilencerCo ASR flash hider or muzzle brake.
The 12.5” barrel of the RD700 sits inside an RD custom SLR Rifleworks 9” M-LOK aluminum handguard and an RD V2 rear sight. The front-end design moves the center of gravity closer to the body vastly improving the handling of the RD700 compact AK Pistol.
The receiver of the Thunder Ranch RD700 pistol is fitted with a Picatinny rail rear trunnion and offers more folding stock options than any other trunnion type, according to RD. It can be ordered with an SB Tactical SBA3 brace mounted on a Midwest Industries folding buffer tube or a Gear Head Works Tailhook brace with a MI folding strut.
In addition, there are many pistol grip options as well including TangoDown BG-AK, Magpul MOE, or Magpul K2 AK grips. The Thunder Ranch RD700 pistol also features a tuned RD LBE Unlimited G3 AK Trigger. While the RD700 comes with a standard safety lever, the safety can be upgraded to a Krebs Custom enhanced safety or a lever with Rifle Dynamics safety stud at an additional cost.
The overall length of the Rifle Dynamics Thunder Ranch RD700 pistol with an SBA3 brace fully collapsed and extended is 28.75″ and 31.5″ respectively. The length with a folded brace is 21.5″. The overall weight is 7lbs 5oz.
The Rifle Dynamics Thunder Ranch RD700 limited edition AK pistol sports the exclusive paint job and has the Thunder Ranch logo engraved on the receiver. It ships with a 30-round magazine and has an MSRP of $3,250.
- Exclusive Tigerstripe Finish & Thunder Ranch Engraving
- Caliber: 7.62x39mm
- Weight: 7 Pounds 5 Ounces
- Length (SBA3): Folded (21.5 Inches) Collapsed (28.75 inches) Extended (31.5 inches)
- Rifle Dynamics Tunable Front Sight Gas Block
- 12.5″ barrel with 1/2x 28 TPI
- Forward Controls Design 6315KM Keymo Flash Hider
- RD Custom SLR Rifleworks 9″ M-Lok Rail Set
- RD V2 Rear Sight
- RD 1913 Rear Trunnion
- Midwest Industries 1913 folding buffer tube
- SB Tactical SBA3 Arm Brace
- Tango Down BG-AK Grip
- Tuned LBE Unlimited G3 AK Trigger
- One 30-round magazine included
- Pistols come shipped in their own Rifle Case w/RD Logo or upgrade to a soft case