Having a rock-solid base for your optics isn’t just important, it’s absolutely vital to your success. Without a secure foundation, your rifle optic can slip and shift, knocking off zero and resulting in missed or otherwise inaccurate shots. To have a secure base it’s smart to use well-made scope rings, and that’s something Warne Scope Mounts does well. The latest from Warne is an expansion of the Vapor line to include horizontally split scope rings. These rings cater to the market of shooters who prefer a horizontal separation while maintaining the high-quality Warne is known for.
Warne’s Vapor line of scope rings is designed to deliver well-made products at a more affordable price rate so gun owners don’t have to cut corners on their scope’s foundation. The Vapor line is proven and, until now, was comprised of vertically split scope rings. These additions broaden the line’s offerings and will appeal to many gun owners who prefer mounting a scope with topmost pressure rather than from the sides.
The horizontally separated Vapor Horizontal scope rings are currently available in either 1.0 inch or 30mm sizes. They’re machined from lightweight 6061 aluminum, meaning their common alloy properties include magnesium and silicone. 6061 is known as a strong aluminum with versatile applications. The manufacturer states these rings fit all Warne Vapor and Maxima/Weaver two-piece bases and Picatinny rails. The use of the Picatinny, or STANAG 4694, interface improves rigidity and stability and lends itself to overall accuracy and consistent performance. Warne is producing the Vapor Horizontal in three heights: low, medium, and high.
Features of the Warne Vapor Horizontal 30mm scope rings include:
- 30mm ring size.
- Fits 42mm objective size.
- Machined from 6061 aluminum.
- Compatible with Warne Vapor and Maxima/Weaver two-piece bases and Picatinny rail.
- Matte black finish.
- 2.7-ounce weight, meaning it doesn’t add unnecessary bulk to the rifle.
- Classic horizontal separation design.
- Easy to install, no gunsmith required.
- Made in the USA.
- Comes with Warne’s lifetime warranty.
- Anodized finish for resistance to wear related to use.
- Designed to withstand serious use.
- Comes with three screws needed for installation.
- Designed for hunting or target shooting.
- Also available in 1.0-inch diameter.
MSRP for the Warne Vapor Horizontal is set at $39.99.