Streamlight ProTac 2.0: Compact Handheld Light
Having a weapon-mounted light on your defensive-use gun is a good idea, but it’s also wise to have a handheld flashlight available. Streamlight covers both those bases, and their ProTac 2.0 is a fantastic example of a compact, easily recharged handheld light. The ProTac 2.0 is small enough to carry in your pocket but powerful enough to identify potential threats. And it comes with the Streamlight name behind it, so you can be confident in its quality.
Streamlight provides details of the light:
…[T]he 2,000-lumen ProTac 2.0, a high-performance rechargeable handheld tactical light, offering extreme brightness and long run times. The rechargeable light is powered by the…Streamlight SL-B50 battery pack that charges directly via an integrated USB-C port.
The ProTac 2.0 uses the SL-B50 proprietary Streamlight 4,900mAh protected Lithium-Ion USB rechargeable battery, accessed by the light’s sliding sleeve. The battery is keyed to ensure proper alignment of the charging port, and features LED status lights to indicate charging status, including red for charging and green for fully charged. An integrated safety circuit protects the battery from accidental overcharge or discharge.
The…light offers the latest in power LED technology for extreme brightness and provides three operating modes – High, Medium and Low. On High, it delivers 2,000 lumens and 17,300 candela; on the Medium setting, it provides 570 lumens and 5,000 candela and on Low, it offers 100 lumens and 890 candela. Run times range from 25 hours on Low to 2.5 hours on High. The light’s strobe features a 4-hour and 25-minute run time.
Streamlight Chief Revenue Officer Michael F. Dineen said:
This latest addition to the ProTac series of tactical handheld lights gives first responders, outdoor enthusiasts, technicians and other users an ideal light for everyday use that provides ultra-bright light while not sacrificing run times. They also will appreciate the convenience and ease of charging the new SL-B50 battery pack either inside or outside of the light, via a USB-C charge cord.
This light is made for tactical applications and includes a strobe feature designed to disorient a potential attacker.
Streamlight ProTac 2.0 Specifications
- High Lumens: 2,000
- Run Time on High: 2.50 hours
- Run Time on Low: 25.00 hours
- Beam Distance: 262 meters
- Max Candela: 17,300
- Battery Type: Streamlight SL-B50 Protected Li-Ion USB Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Battery Quantity: 1
- Length: 6.10 inches (15.49 centimeters)
- Weight: 8.25 ounces (233.88 grams)
- Colors: Black
- Uses one (1) Streamlight SL-B50 protected Li-Ion USB-rechargeable battery pack (included)
- Features TEN-TAP programming – Choice of three user-selectable programs:
1) high/strobe/low 2) high only 3) low/medium/high
- High: 2,000 lumens; 262 m beam; runs 2.5 hours
- Medium: 570 lumens; 142 m beam; runs 4.5 hours
- Low: 100 lumens; 60 m beam; runs 25 hours
- Strobe for signaling or disorienting: runs 4 hours and 25 minutes
- IP67-rated; dust-tight and waterproof to 2 meters; 2-meter impact resistance tested
- 6000 series machined aircraft aluminum with Type II MIL-Spec anodized finish
- Anti-roll head prevents the light from rolling away when placed on a flat surface
MSRP for the Streamlight ProTac 2.0 is set at $195.00.