It’s not only handguns that need good weapon-mounted lights, it’s long guns, too. The Streamlight ProTac 2.0 Rail Mount is designed for long guns and offers 2,000 lumens to give you an edge in brightness. Having the right light is a must for target identification and useful whether it’s going on your home defense gun or a hunting rifle. There’s no such thing as too much light.
Thanks to the innovation of the team at Streamlight, there’s also no such thing as a light that’s impossible to operate or mount to your gun. They’ve made it as simple as possible. Check it out.
The Streamlight Protac 2.0 Rail Mount is a great option for illumination needs on long guns. It’s a fantastic entry-level light and has applications including home defense, truck defense, range time, and hunting. Low-light/no-light situations call for bringing some light to the subject, and this is one way to do it.
As mentioned before, this light produces 2,000 lumens with a max candela of 17,700. The company states its run time is 2.5 hours. Unlike other models that take CR123A batteries, the Protac 2.0 Rail Mount runs off a proprietary SL-B50. This simplifies powering the light because it can simply be charged via USB port with no need to remove the battery from the housing.
There are three settings for the light including low, high, and strobe, each of which uses different amounts of battery power.
Features of the Streamlight Protac 2.0 Rail Mount include:
- Runs off a proprietary Streamlight SL-B50-protected Li-Ion USB-rechargeable battery pack so there’s no need to purchase batteries regularly, or remove batteries from the housing.
- User-friendly thanks to TEN-TAP programming which offers your choice of three selectable programs: High/Strobe, High Only, and Low/High.
- High: 2,000 lumens; 266 m beam; runs 2.5 hours, approximately
- Low: 250 lumens; 93 m beam; runs 11 hours, approximately
- Strobe for signaling or disorienting: runs 4.5 hours, approximately
- IP67-rated, dust-tight, and waterproof to one meter for 30 minutes for longevity (IPX4-rated when the remote switch is plugged in).
- Two-meter impact resistance tested, meaning it’s durable and resistant to wear and tear.
- 6000 series machined aircraft aluminum with Type II MIL-Spec anodized finish to withstand the bumps and scrapes that come with regular use.
- Mounts directly to Picatinny rails, making the process simple and straightforward.
- Available as “light-only” or “system” (system includes remote pressure switch which is fantastic for speedy operation).
- 6.30 inches in length, so it doesn’t add unnecessary bulk.
- 9.06 ounces with one SL-B50 battery pack.
- Available in black to reduce glare and make it less likely to give away your position.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
MSRP for the Streamlight Protac 2.0 Rail Mount is not known at this time but dealers have it listed for approximately $175.00.