Streamlight TLR10 G: Weapon Mounted Light and Laser
Weapon mounted lights (WMLs) are a fantastic addition to any handgun – one most of here believe is an absolute muse on a defensive handgun. Whether you’re focused on self-defense, home defense, or handgun hunting, you can benefit mounting a light to your gun. The Streamlight TLR 10 G is a rail-mounted light with a green laser, making it a an excellent combination for handguns with accessory rails located in front of the trigger guards.
Streamlight President and Chief Executive Officer Ray Sharrah had the following to say about the TLR 10-G:
Tactical users will appreciate the TLR-10 G’s brightness, extensive range and solid peripheral coverage, while also benefiting from its powerful green laser. The laser improves users’ ability to focus on targets during daylight hours, as the color green appears brighter to the human eye than other colored lasers. And it fits a wide variety of handguns, making it ideal for first responder and tactical applications, as well as concealed carry use.
The manufacturer released details of the light-laser combo:
The TLR-10 G laser/light combination features a fast rail clamp for rock solid repeatability on a wide range of full-size weapons.
Powered by two 3-volt CR123A lithium batteries, the TLR-10 G features three modes: Laser only, LED only and LED/Laser. The light provides 1,000 lumens and 10,000 candela over a 200-meter beam distance. The run time is 1.5 hours for LED only or LED/Laser; in laser-only mode, the run time is 11 hours. The strobe offers 3 continuous hours of run time.
Weighing just 4.62 ounces and measuring 3.87 inches long, the TLR-10 G includes a key kit to securely attach the light to a broad range of weapons. The light features a one-handed, snap on and tighten interface that keeps hands away from the muzzle when attaching or detaching it, and a safe-off feature, locking it to prevent accidental activation.’
Features of the Streamlight TLR-10 G include:
- 1,000 lumens; 200m beam; runs 1.5 hours (LED only or LED/Laser); runs 60 hours (Laser only)
- Custom optic produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination; integrated 640-660nm red laser
- Ambidextrous on/off switch
- Uses two CR123A lithium batteries (included)
- Safe off feature prevents accidental activation; saves batteries
- Rail grip clamp system securely attaches/detaches quickly and safely with no tools and without putting your hands in front of muzzle
- Securely fits a broad range of full-sized handguns
- Durable, anodized machined aluminum construction
- User enabled strobe function
- 3.87 inches (9.82 cm) long; 4.62 ounces (131g) with batteries
- IPX4 water-resistant
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Assembled in USA
The Streamlight TLR-10 G has an MSRP of $503.50 and comes backed by the manufacturer’s Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Do you have a WML or light/laser combo on your handgun? Tell us about your experiences in the comments section.