Apex Tactical Releases Plus 2 Base pad for FNX-45
Tom McHale once noted, “A full-size 9mm (usually) holds 16 to 18 rounds. A full size 45 (usually) holds eight.” And with that comparison, there can be an either/or struggle to decide which is more important: higher capacity or larger projectile size? But the FNX-45 offers an interesting solution to that struggle, coming from the factory chambered in the husky .45 ACP with a higher capacity at 15 rounds. Pretty interesting, right?
Well, now it’s gotten a little more interesting. Apex Tactical just came out with a new Plus 2 magazine base pad extension for the FNX-45.
Plus 2 Base Pad Features and Specifications
- For FNX-45 pistols
- Adds two (2) rounds of additional capacity to the magazine
- Maintains function of the slide lock after last round is fired
- Finger grooves on the perimeter and front corner make stripping a mag easy
- Machined from aluminum and Black Type III Hardcoat anodized for durability
- The single set screw keeps mag extension snugly in place and allows for ease of disassembly
- Apex Part #: 119-102
- MSRP: $34.95
Stephanie Kimmell is the firstborn daughter of Missouri’s Pecan King, worthy scion of a Vietnam veteran sailor turned mad engineer-orchardist-inventor-genius. With a BA in technical writing, she freelances as a writer and editor. A Zymurgist greatly interested in the decoction of fermented barley and hops, she is in many ways a modern amalgam of Esther Hobart Morris, Rebecca Boone, and Nellie Bly. She hunts, fishes, butchers, and cooks most anything. When not editing or writing, she makes soaps and salves, spins wool, and occasionally makes cheese from cows she milked herself. Kimmell is a driven epistemophilic who loves live music and all sorts of beer.