Having the correct ammunition for the task at hand is important, and that’s something the team at Federal Premium understands. The renowned ammo maker designs and produces a full line of ammunition for everything from training to self-defense to hunting. Perhaps some of their most popular loads are related to handguns, and whether you’re in the market for a classic like 9mm or something newer, like 30 Super Carry, Federal has you covered.
Federal engineers designed both Punch ammunition and the new 30 Super Carry cartridge to be ideal for self-defense applications. The Punch line is known to be a reliable defensive load capable of fantastic accuracy and producing substantial wound cavities, and 30 Super Carry has come on the scene as a solid defensive caliber. These two products together deliver a load that’s easier to shoot accurately and effective on target. This makes Punch 30 Super Carry a fantastic option for defensive shooters.
The company’s Gold Medal Action Pistol ammunition is designed to help shooters compete at the highest level; this ammo line is specifically made for action shooting sports. It’s available in 9x19mm Luger and 40 Smith & Wesson and delivers accuracy and consistency that far outdoes Federal’s original Gold Medal line. And, of course, it’s loaded to power-factor requirements. Thanks to a fully encapsulated FMJ bullet and Catalyst lead-free primer, this ammunition also shoots more cleanly.
On the training side, Federal has Train + Protect in 10mm Auto. The company states this is a full-power offering that features their VHP bullet for precise performance at the range and consistent expansion on impact.
Features of Gold Medal Action Pistol 9mm:
- Designed for incredible accuracy.
- Fully encapsulated FMJ, meaning cleaner shooting.
- Flatter nose bullet delivers more reliable knockdowns on reactive targets.
- Loaded to meet power factor requirements.
- Catalyst high-performance lead-free primer for less fouling and lead exposure.
- Federal brass and specially formulated propellant for superior overall performance.
- Loaded according to stringent accuracy specifications.
Features of Punch 30 Super Carry:
- Jacketed hollow-point bullet design for an ideal combination of effective penetration and consistent expansion.
- Skived jacket and soft lead core also facilitate expansion.
- Made specifically for self-defense applications.
- Quality brass case with primer seal for reliable performance and ignition.
Features of Train and Protect 10mm:
- VHP (Versatile Hollow Point) bullet based on Federal’s trusted hollow point design
- New brass case is reloadable.
- Reliable primer for consistent ignition.
- Loaded to produce superior performance on the range and in defensive situations.
Whether you compete, carry for defensive purposes, or spend significant time training, Federal Premium has you covered. Visit their website to check out their complete line of ammunition.
What’s your favorite Federal ammo? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section.
MSRP varies by product and quantity.