The 1911 platform has been around for a long time, which you can figure out by referencing its name. In the century-plus since its inception, the 1911 has undergone a lot of transformations including single-stack to double-stack models and the occasional polymer design. It’s also offered in more calibers than its original 45 ACP. With that in mind, Springfield Armory manufactures the popular Garrison 1911 in 9x19mm Parabellum.
The respected gun maker released a statement regarding their handguns:
Anyone familiar with the classic 1911 pistol will be right at home with the Garrison. With its traditional barrel bushing system and wood grips, this is a pistol that captures the charm of a design with more than a century of service behind it. At the same time, enhancements such as the match grade stainless steel barrel, skeletonized hammer, extended beavertail grip safety with memory bump, and more ensure impressive performance.
Springfield Armory’s Vice President of Marketing, Steve Kramer made the following remark about the 9mm chambered 1911s: “The Garrison in 9mm is designed to appeal to those who respect tradition and appreciate the flat-shooting aspects of a full-size 9mm 1911. With a forged steel foundation for strength and heirloom-quality construction, this is a pistol that offers a modern take on a proven classic.”
The Springfield Armory Garrison has a variety of features to appeal to serious shooters, including:
- Thinline checkered wood grips
- Skeletonized trigger
- Slide serrations at the rear of the slide
- The floorplate of the magazine extends beyond the front of the grip for faster magazine changes
- Available with stainless steel or blued finish
- Dovetail, drift adjustable sights
- Reliable performance
- Designed for accuracy
Springfield Garrison 1911 9mm Specifications
- Manufacturer: Springfield Armory
- Model: Garrison (blued model)
- Type: 1911
- Caliber: 9x19mm Parabellum
- Capacity: 9 +1
- Slide: Forged carbon steel, blued
- Recoil system: GI style
- Color: Blued (hot salt bluing process)
- Frame: Forged carbon steel, blued
- Barrel Length: 5.0 inches
- Barrel Material: Forged stainless steel, match-grade, fully supported ramp
- Twist Rate: 1 in 16
- Sights: Low profile combat three-dot
- Overall Length: 8.6 inches
- Overall Height: 5.5 inches
- Weight: 38 ounces, empty
- Magazines Included: (1) 9-round magazine
1911s don’t have to be chambered in 45 ACP and, in fact, thanks to ballistic advances, 45 ACP is no longer the ideal carry cartridge. 9mm is the reigning champion of self-defense cartridges, so it makes good sense to have at least one 1911 chambered in it. The Garrison is a beautiful, classic 1911 chambered in the popular 9mm cartridge and it was made with 1911 aficionados in mind.
The Springfield Garrison 1911 in 9mm is available now. MSRP starts at $849.00.