Streamlight Protac 2.0 Headlamp: Hands Free Lighting
There are countless situations in which you need some light shed on whatever you’re doing but don’t have the free hands to hang onto a flashlight. That’s where headlamps come in, and it’s also where we mention that not all headlamps perform at the same level. The Streamlight Protac 2.0 Headlamp is designed to be reliable and durable for tactical applications but can be used anytime you need some extra light. It’s comfortable to wear, easy to control, and has a long-running battery life. If you need a headlamp, this is one to check out.
Streamlight provides information regarding their Protac 2.0 Headlamp:
…[T]he 2,000-lumen ProTac 2.0 Headlam [is] a high-performance rechargeable headlamp that also offers long run times. The headlamp is powered by the new Streamlight SL-B50 battery pack that charges directly via an integrated USB-C port.
The ProTac 2.0 Headlamp uses the SL-B50 Streamlight proprietary 4,900mAh protected Lithium-Ion USB rechargeable battery, accessed by the light’s sliding sleeve. The battery is keyed to ensure proper alignment of the charging port, and features LED status lights to indicate charging status, including red for charging and green for fully charged. An integrated safety circuit protects the battery from accidental overcharge or discharge.
The manufacturer further explains:
The new light offers the latest LED technology for extreme brightness and provides three operating modes – High, Medium and Low. On High, it delivers 2,000 lumens and 14,500 candela; on the Medium setting, it provides 650 lumens and 4,200 candela and on Low, it offers 110 lumens and 750 candela. Run times range from 25 hours on low to 2.25 hours on high.
The ProTac 2.0 Headlamp features a multi-function, push-button switch which permits one-handed operation of the light’s momentary and constant on modes. Its TEN-TAP programmable switch allows for user selection of three different programs: high/medium/low (factory default); high only; or low/high.
Streamlight Chief Revenue Officer Michael F. Dineen added:
The…headlamp provides super bright light, along with the ease and convenience of recharging the new SL-B50 battery pack either inside or outside of the light via a USB-C charge cord. With 2,000 lumens of brightness and long run times, it’s a great choice for first responders, outdoor enthusiasts and industrial professionals alike.
- Uses one (1) Streamlight SL-B50 protected Li-Ion USB-rechargeable battery pack (included)
- Features TEN-TAP programming—Choice of three user-selectable programs:3
1) high/medium/low 2) high only 3) low/high
- High: 2,000 lumens; 241 m beam; runs 2.25 hours
- Medium: 650 lumens; 130 m beam; runs 4.5 hours
- Low: 110 lumens; 55 m beam; runs 25 hours
- IP64-rated; dust-tight and water-resistant to 2 meters; 2-meter impact resistance tested
- 6000 series machined aircraft aluminum with Type II MIL-Spec anodized finish
- 4.92 in (12.5 cm)
- 10.48 oz (297 g) with one (1) SL-B50 battery
- Includes USB-C cord and rubber and elastic head straps
- Available in black
- Limited lifetime warranty
MSRP for the Streamlight Protac 2.0 Headlamp is set at $195.00.